Sunday, March 4, 2012

Disc Golf!!!

So for "mama daddy" time, my husband and I love to go disc golfing together.  I am happy to say that disc golf season is starting early this year!  The first tournament this year will be on March 17 in Blackfoot!  What also makes me excited is that this year, there will be more women coming!  Last year, I was the only girl that played all six tourneys...  I think I inspired some of the men to talk their women into playing.  =D 

I am hoping to take pics at the tourneys this year for my scrapbook of me and mine...here's to hoping!  I will keep you all posted on how I do!

I would encourage all who enjoy the outdoors to try disc golfing.  You don't have to be good at it and for the most part, it's free(you do have to pay for discs).  You get some exercise and my kids, who are 6,4, and 2, all love to go. 

Joshua and I have a ton of discs and bags for us to play in the tourneys.  The disc golf discs aren't required to play on the courses.  I got my girls frisbees from the dollar store.  They have packs of discs with a long range, mid range, and putter at Sports Authority and Dick's Sporting Goods (at least in Idaho) for $15-$20.  Most courses are also stroller friendly, but I would check them out before you drag all of it out...

I hope you all try it out some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment