Monday, September 17, 2012

Yummy Chicken-etti!

Last week was David's birthday and for his gift I made him his favorite:
 Chicken-etti.

  He is not one to try new things, and at first he was hesitant, but once he had a bite, he was addicted.  Not to boast or anything, but it is one of my more requested dishes...so I figured I'd share it with y'all!


Ingredients:

-Precooked, pre cut chicken
*I am very lazy and have three kids...this is very convenient for the extra buck*
-1 lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed
-1 green bell pepper
-chicken broth
-1 can of Rotel
-1 can of Cream of Chicken
-Noodles,cooked (duh!)
-seasonings


This is pretty easy...

1-Preheat oven to 350* and spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.

2-Stick the cream of chicken, rotel, and cubed Velveeta in a microwavable bowl and melt together.  The Velveeta melts faster cubed, but you don't have to...




3- Chop up your Bell Pepper into tiny, ity-bity pieces...I just like chopping things...=D

4- Mix your noodles, your chopped chicken(I cut them into smaller pieces...just me), and your broth together in a mixing bowl.  The broth is just to keep the noodles from sticking together while you mix and to keep them moist while you bake.


5- Add your seasoning to the cheese mix.  I like...wait, I love basil, so I added that, some Hawaiian sea salt, onion and garlic powder, and some pepper.  Stir that really good and slowly add it to the noodle mix.


6- Continue to combine the two mixes until all the noodles are covered.  Then pour it all into the casserole dish and cook for 30 minutes.  When done, let it cool and enjoy!



A great healthy alternative is using wheat noodles instead of regular noodles.  It tastes the same. 


I got the idea from Anna Duggar when I was watching "19 Kids and Counting".   Anna used just tomatoes, which is a non-spice alternative. 

Hope you all enjoy this great, tummy-filling dish!


No comments:

Post a Comment