Saturday, June 9, 2012

Cream Cheese Chicken Chili Stuff

So I have made this a couple of times and I just have to rave about it!




We call it Cream Cheese Chicken Chili Stuff...seriously, we call it stuff.

It's not exactly chili, it's really soupy if you don't let the steam out, but it is super AWESOME!




Here is what goes into this:


2 lbs. of FROZEN chicken(I forgot to put it in the picture...)
1 can of Rotel
1 can of corn
1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 package of ranch flavor
1 T cumin
1 t chili powder
1 t onion salt
*I like to add garlic powder, onion salt and basil to everything so that's why that's there*
1 package of cream chese



1-Put FROZEN chicken, corn, and Rotel into your crockpot.


2- Add the ranch packet and seasonings



3-Drain, rinse, and add the black beans
 
 
 
 
4-Stir all the ingrediants together.
 

5-Place the cream cheese on top and spread it around.


6- Let it cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Toward the end,you want to turn it up so some of the water will cook off and it won't be so soupy.

7- Right before you serve, I remove the chicken from the pot and shred it by taking two forks and scrapping the chicken apart. Then mix it all up so all the chicken is covered.


8-Serve and enjoy!

We love it over rice and we add sour cream to it. It is one of Joshua's favorites!  What I like about it the most is you use frozen chicken.  I always tend to forget to thaw things out...=D

I hope you all enjoy!


I got the recipe from here.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment