Saturday, September 5, 2015

Crafty Coasters

The baby has been teething this week and stress levels are running high as she clings to my legs and refuses to go in her car seat.  The only great thing about teething is long naps.  =)  I can fit in a nap myself, or see to something I've been meaning to do for a while.  Well, today, I chose the later.



I've been needing to redo these coasters because, while being pretty, they don't quite match my decor.  Also, the hubby doesn't like the way they feel.  =)



It was really easy.  All you need are :
-coasters-
-pretty paper-
-mod podge-
-scissors-
-pencil-


First, trace the coasters on the back of the paper and cut them out. 


Next, cover your coasters in mod podge and place the paper on them.  If they don't fit exactly, just take your scissors and trim them up.  Then cover the paper with mod podge.  Make clean strokes so it drys smooth.


After each layer dries, add another layer of mod podge.  I added four each, but added one more to one that was a little bumpy. 

Don't worry if mod podge oozes over the side.  Just take your scissors and scrap it off.



You also want to push out any bubbles you see pop up...unless you don't mind them.  

Here is the finished product!  A quick two hour craft to make my table look just a little bit more chic.  


Let me know what you think!









1 comment: