Thursday, January 24, 2013

Chicken and Black Bean Soup

 
 
 
I was messing around one day and decided to try and make another chicken slow cooker meal.  It is real easy to make and my favorite part: you can put in FROZEN CHICKEN!  I always always forget to thaw out my chicken...=P
 
 
 
So here is the ingredients:
 
Frozen Chicken, 4 pieces
1 can of black beans, rinsed
Chicken Broth (I know the picture has stock, but I already threw the box away)
1 can cream of chicken soup
 
 
Seasonings (I really like celery with chicken, so my main was celery salt)
 
Garlic Salt, Onion Salt, Celery Salt, Chili Powder, Basil, Hawaiian Salt, and Black Pepper
*Can you tell I love salt?*
 
 
1-Mix the entire box of broth and can of soup and make sure all the soup is blended well.  Mix in the drained beans, frozen chicken, and seasonings.
 
 
 
2-Cover and put it on high for 4-6 hours.
 
 
 
3-Shred the chicken and mix it back in with the soup.
*I'm a little OCD, so what I do is take out each piece of chicken and shred it on a plate, then mix it back in with the soup*
 
 
 
4-Serve and enjoy!
 
How we like it is over rice.  I'm sure it would also taste good over mashed potatoes, but I am from Hawaii, so I prefer rice over a lot of stuff.  =D
 
 
I really hope you enjoy!  It is really good and high in protein!

No comments:

Post a Comment